German Wine Takeover at FLXcursion – July 15-19, 2021
Celebrate Germany’s flagship grape in New York’s Finger Lakes region through in-depth tastings, seminars, dinners, and more at FLXcursion International Riesling Expo!
FLXcursion is returning this year for a multi-day conference, inviting consumers and members of the wine trade alike to learn about and explore their love of Riesling. From July 15-18, Wines of Germany will be taking over Microclimate Wine Bar in Geneva, NY, and hosting events available to the public alongside our ambassador Brent Kroll of celebrated wine bar Maxwell Park in Washington, DC.
Brent Kroll, a 2018 Food & Wine Sommelier of the Year, will be leading programming that features an excitingly diverse array of German wines for purchase from 22 different producers, 14 grape varieties and 10 German wine regions over the course of four days.
- Thursday, July 15 – Intro to German Wines
- The Wines of Germany team will be pouring a selection of German wines with a heavy focus on Riesling.
- Friday, July 16 – Boy Bands & Bubbles
- Brent and team will be playing popular hits from iconic boy bands and pouring these alongside German sparkling wine, otherwise known as Sekt.
- Saturday, July 17 – Stick to the Rivers and the Lakes That You’re Used To
- Inspired by TLC’s 1994 song, “Chasing Waterfalls,” this night will showcase wines from Germany’s many wine regions that border rivers and lakes with a 1990s and 2000s R&B playlist.
- Sunday, July 18 – License to Chill
- Highlighting Germany’s red wines that shine when enjoyed chilled, we’ll pair these with musical selections spanning the smooth jazz and neo-soul genres.
Following the conclusion of our public programming, we’ll close out our FLXcursion programming with an invite-only trade tasting as part of the event’s Riesling & Dinner Crawl:
- Monday, July 19 – Riesling Crawl BBQ (invite only)
- Brent and team will be pouring a diverse array of German Riesling for the evening’s Riesling Crawl event, served alongside a Mediterranean-style BBQ with grilled meats & veggies.
We hope to see you in the Finger Lakes during FLXcursion!
Be sure to follow Wines of Germany on social media for updates on virtual events, news and to discover the wonderful world of German wine. Find us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook at @GermanWineUSA!
Microclimate Wine Bar
38 Linden St