Wine.com Presents: Prost! A Toast to German Wines! — Thursday, September 30, 2021
Prost to the quality and diversity of German wines and toast to the varietals, terroir, and winemakers that make the region so iconic! As one of the world’s northernmost wine producing regions, Germany faces some of the most extreme climatic and topographic challenges in viticulture. But, thanks to its cool climate, German wines have higher acidity that makes them light, refreshing, and incredibly food-friendly.
Join Wines of Germany and Wine.com for a virtual wine tasting that celebrates the country’s iconic regions and winemakers on Thursday, September 30 from 7:00–7:45pm ET / 4:00-4:45pm PT hosted by Wine.com Educator Gwendolyn Osborn! Click here to RSVP for this event and here to purchase the three wines, so you can taste along with the experts.
This special evening will not only provide you with excellent sips but also allow you to hear directly from those who helped create these wines. Speakers and wines include:
- Schloss Vollrads Riesling presented by Rowald Hepp, Senior Consultant / Global Brand Ambassador of Schloss Vollrads
- 2019 Schloss Vollrads Riesling Dry QbA (Rheingau)
- Villa Wolf Pinot Noir Rosé with insights from Ernst Loosen, Owner of Dr. Loosen and Villa Wolf
- Villa Wolf Pinot Noir Rosé (Mosel)
- Meyer-Näkel Pinot Noir guided by Dorte & Meike Näkel, Proprietors and Winemakers at Meyer-Näkel
- 2018 Meyer-Näkel Pinot Noir (Ahr)
Be sure to follow Wines of Germany on social media for updates on virtual events, news and to discover the wonderful world of German wine. Find us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook at @GermanWineUSA!
September 30, 2021 7:00 pm